I love baking. I always have, and heading more on to the frugal path has pushed me to stop wasting money on bland biscuits and head in to the kitchen. After whipping up a delicious batch of shortbread, I brought some for snacks in to work. I decided to share some with my coworkers, and… Continue reading Spending Out of Obligation
1. A heap of Jerusalem artichokes/ sunchokes were left in the communal staffroom at work last week, and being the token workplace vegan they were given to me! I spiced and roasted them in to a delicious side dish (sidenote: the next day I learnt that I'm one of those people who gets awful digestive… Continue reading Frugal Things, May 23rd 2017
My progression in to the world of frugality has been really interesting. I've mentioned before that my first major life change was becoming vegan. A while later I discovered minimalism, and in the last few months, frugality. While minimalism and frugality are not the same, there is a definite overlap (as explained in this great article). Whilst… Continue reading It’s Expensive, It Makes You Sick…So Why Do We Eat It?
Two months down in my first ever capsule wardrobe, and it's time to check in again! MOST WORN Black leggings and my black skirt. The black leggings is not surprising considering it’s getting colder and they’re a great extra layer. I’m so pleased my black skirt is getting worn so much, it’s just so practical! LEAST WORN… Continue reading Time Capsule: Two Month Round Up
1. Had two big jobs in the city over the weekend and managed to take the train in to both. No parking fees or wasted petrol for me. 2. Speaking of jobs, I was stressing about not having any money to put in to savings this month and then suddenly three unexpected jobs came up. So… Continue reading Frugal Things, May 14th 2017
Recently I was talking with some co-workers about the insidious addictive nature of social media. I told them I had deleted the Facebook app off my phone (which I highly recommend!) and then my friend told me about a product she had heard of that reduces radiation emissions from your phone, like a small patch… Continue reading It’s A Trap!
1. Was tossing up driving or taking the train in to a meeting in the city today, as I was going to be pushed for time. The meeting got pushed back so I took the train, saving money on petrol and parking fees. 2. Spend money to save money: I had to visit my GP to… Continue reading Frugal Things, May 9th 2017
There's a brilliant meme I found online, which says, 'Vegans are like adults. First you hate them, then you become one and realise they were right all along.' It's hilarious, but it's accurate. Before I became I vegan I avoided thinking about the world's 'big issues', because they honestly just overwhelmed me. I remember being… Continue reading How Veganism Made Me An Activist
1. Spent the day outside, away from a microwave or anything convenient, but I brought plenty of pre-made snacks and a sandwich and didn’t spend a cent in the on-site canteen. Probably ate too much sugar but that’s okay! 2. Because I won’t be at a convenient work location to heat up two pre-made lunches, I’ve been… Continue reading Frugal Things, May 4th 2017
1. My pole dancing studio was having an open night, and I brought along a friend. We ended up staying for two classes, static and spin, so I got two hours worth of pole class for free! Featured image: Fabian Blank